1) My mothers house has too many cats.
2) Believe it or not, this isn't really her fault.
My mother loves cats. It is a cat household and has been since I was small. That's quite a long time. My sister is reponsible for the majority of the cats being at my mothers house, however. I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I bet it's something like
Sister acquires cat, falls in love with cat
Sister brings cat to mothers house, mother falls in love with cat
Sister decides to hate cat
Mother acquires cat
It's not an exact science. But my mother is okay with it. She loves those cats. I love the cats as well, but it is easier for me because I'm not often there. The problem now is my sister.
Earlier today, my sister found that somecat had taken the liberty to use her room as the bathroom. This isn't the first time it has happened and it probably won't be the last, although the issue had come under control. Her response? Put the accused cat on Craigslist. [technically] My cat.
Oh Hell no.
This is my cat. That is my mug. That was my tea.
I quickly visited my cat at his office and asked him about the situation. He (the cat) was both surprised and quite concerned regarding the incident and the action.
"What about my right to a trial?" My cat inquired.
"Such legalities do not apply to cats," I informed him. His ears went back at this information.
The two of us consulted further on the matter. What is the best way for everyone to be happy? What can be done to ensure my sisters happiness (clearly her prerogative) while preserving that of my mother, cats, and self?
It was then that we realized a potential answer lay right under our noses. So I have taken the liberty to offer my sister on Craigslist, in lieu of my cat. I don't know if the ad will last the 45 days, as I really tried to sweeten the deal. Tell your friends!


No comments:
Post a Comment